Barchart Launches Next Generation Market Data and Trading Platform—Barchart Trader
CHICAGO, IL – September 10, 2013 – Barchart.com, Inc., a leading provider of market data and information, today announced the release of their new flagship market data and commodities trading platform, Barchart Trader. Featuring real-time price data from major futures and equities exchanges, advanced charting, streaming news, analytics and integrated electronic trading, Trader provides a complete set of features for commodities traders of all types.
“Barchart Trader represents a major upgrade to our existing desktop product offerings,” said Barchart President Eero Pikat. “With this release, we’ve created a powerful trading application that sets itself apart from the competition by both its depth of features and its simplicity of use,” added Pikat.
Barchart Trader was built from the ground up with a focus on providing a low learning curve and clean interface without sacrificing any of the features that users expect from a professional trading workstation. “With Barchart Trader, we’ve put our most powerful features right at the trader’s fingertips,” said Head of Product Development Jeremy Jongsma. “In an industry where many applications feel glued together and can take weeks to learn to use them at their full potential, Trader is unique. New users can be fully productive after only a few hours.”
With CQG trading integration, Barchart Trader supports trading accounts for over 40 different brokerages and FCMs. Other key features include:
- Full real-time market coverage of all major commodities and equities exchanges, as well as indices, forex and mutual funds
- Pre-configured workspace templates and workspace sharing
- Multiple platform themes/color schemes to choose from
- Advanced charting and drawing tools with over 60 technical studies, and support for custom equations
- Flexible workspace management tools that allow for full customization of trading views
- Trading directly from charts and DOM ladder
- Streaming news feeds from Dow Jones, USDA, Associated Press, PR Newswire, Business Wire and more
- Multiple monitor support
- Both exchange-traded spread quotes and synthetic spreads matrix
- Extensive historical data (daily, minute and tick) with data downloader
- Options analysis
- Traded volume per price display
- Interactive weather featuring satellite, radar, current conditions, forecasts and agricultural weather data
- Efficient symbol search and short-cut keys
- Price-based alerts
- Fundamental data for stocks
- Cross-platform desktop support for Windows, Mac and Linux
Barchart Trader is available at www.barchart.com/trader. Users can register for a free version with delayed streaming and historical market data or subscribe to one of the real-time versions.
With a heritage dating back to 1934, Barchart.com, Inc. has substantial experience in meeting the information needs of the financial, media, agriculture and energy industries. As a full-service provider of equity, index, mutual fund, futures and foreign exchange market data, Barchart provides a wide range of market data products and solutions for customers ranging from institutional to retail. As an established leader in an industry that demands accuracy and innovation, Barchart’s goal is to form partnerships that deliver comprehensive solutions for success. For more information, please visit www.barchartinc.com.