Barchart Launches Mobile App for Android Phones with Live Futures Trading and Streaming Real-Time Market Data
CHICAGO, IL – November 6, 2013 – Barchart.com, Inc., a leading provider of market data and information, today announced the release of the mobile version of their flagship market data and commodities trading platform, Barchart Trader. The app can be downloaded at www.barchart.com/trader/mobile or search the Google Play store for “Barchart Trader”. Initially available for Android phones (an iPhone version will be released soon), the mobile app allows users to stream real-time quotes, charts and news straight to their phone, and supports live trading through over 50 different futures brokers.
“The Barchart Trader mobile app provides traders with tools to manage their positions no matter where they are,” said Barchart President Eero Pikat. “Being able to stay on top of your trades while you’re on-the-go provides a measure of freedom and peace of mind that most applications can’t provide. With Barchart Trader mobile and desktop working together, we are giving traders unparalleled flexibility in how they work,” added Pikat.
Available as a standalone application or as a companion to the desktop Trader application, Barchart Trader Mobile has a sleek and simple design that gives traders quick and easy access to all of their open positions and watchlists. Users can see a market overview, review working orders, and place new trades straight from the DOM with a touch-friendly interface, and everything is synced to the cloud so trades are always available no matter where you log in. For commuting, meetings or being on-the-go, Barchart Trader mobile is the perfect companion to keep you connected to the markets.
Like the Barchart Trader desktop application, the mobile app supports trading accounts for over 50 different brokerages and FCMs. Other key features include:
- Full market coverage of all major commodities and equities exchanges
- Live electronic futures trading through over 50 different futures brokers
- Market overview showing a snapshot of today's market performance
- Streaming real-time quotes for up-to-the-second price data
- Create multiple watchlists to track the symbols you are interested in
- Real-time financial and commodities news available from Associated Press, Dow Jones, USDA, and more
- Detailed quote pages with bid/ask, trading range, and technical indicators
- Trade directly from the DOM ladder for fast order entry, or customize your orders with a flexible order ticket form
- Position tracker with today's open positions and a running P&L calculator
- Order execution history for fills, cancels and rejections
Barchart Trader Mobile is available for free with delayed streaming data at www.barchart.com/trader/mobile or search the Google Play store for “Barchart Trader”. The real-time version is free with a subscription to the desktop application or available as a standalone service for $29.95 per month plus any exchange fees.
With a heritage dating back to 1934, Barchart.com, Inc. has substantial experience in meeting the information needs of the financial, media, agriculture and energy industries. As a full-service provider of equity, index, mutual fund, futures and foreign exchange market data, Barchart provides a wide range of market data products and solutions for customers ranging from institutional to retail. As an established leader in an industry that demands accuracy and innovation, Barchart’s goal is to form partnerships that deliver comprehensive solutions for success. For more information, please visit www.barchartinc.com.