Barchart Launches Stocks, Futures and Forex Mobile App for iOS and Android with Extensive Market Data and News Coverage
CHICAGO, IL – November 19, 2013 – Barchart.com, Inc., a leading provider of market data and information, today announced the release of the free companion app for their financial website, www.barchart.com, now available for iOS and Android. The app can be downloaded on the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/barchart-stocks-futures-forex/id730277254 and on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.barchart.app. The Barchart app offers extensive coverage of stock, futures and forex markets with real-time BATS quotes, charts, technical analysis, fundamentals, news and options. Registered Barchart.com users can also view their saved portfolios, saved charts and weather. A variety of additional features are available as in-app purchases, including full access to Barchart Opinions, Trading Strategies, and over 50 chart studies.
”With two apps released this month and more coming soon, we are working diligently to bring our users quality mobile equivalents of our desktop services,“ said Eero Pikat, President of Barchart. ”The Barchart app offers the most comprehensive set of free market data and news in the mobile world,“ added Pikat.
The Barchart app features an advanced Watchlist that integrates a unique interface to quickly access up to 12 screens of information on any symbol without having to leave the page. It also offers stock, futures and forex market overviews, along with over 30 different screener lists of new highs/lows, price, volume and performance leaders across all categories of symbols. Stock data, news and lists are available for US and Canadian markets.
”When we set out to design the Barchart app, we analyzed our users’ needs and realized you needed to install half a dozen apps to get comprehensive stock, futures, and forex data on a single device,“ said Boris Wexler, Director of Web Development. ”We developed a truly unique product that provides traders with a single resource to access all the information they need in a fully integrated application,“ added Wexler.
Key features of the free Barchart app include:
- Customizable watchlist, with real-time US stock prices and scrolling "mini views" for instant access to most symbol data from a single screen
- Stock, futures and forex market overviews
- Extensive leader and sector lists for US and Canadian stocks and indices, futures and forex
- Up to 12 detailed data screens per symbol including fundamental, technical, profile and option data
- Fully customizable charts
- Global & top business / finance news with symbol-specific coverage
- Exclusive commodity commentary
- Portfolios & charts saved on Barchart.com available for in-app viewing
- Weather by zip code
In addition, users can purchase the following add-on features:
- Unlimited chart studies with access to 55 various technical indicators
- Buy/Sell/Hold Opinions, Barchart’s proprietary technical rating system
- Trading Strategies - historical hypothetical profits and Buy/Sell signals from thirteen different indicators including Barchart’s TrendSpotter algorithm.
Users can also choose to remove ads from the app for a nominal yearly fee.
For more information, please visit www.barchart.com/app.
With a heritage dating back to 1934, Barchart.com, Inc. has substantial experience in meeting the information needs of the financial, media, agriculture and energy industries. As a full-service provider of equity, index, mutual fund, futures and foreign exchange market data, Barchart provides a wide range of market data products and solutions for customers ranging from institutional to retail. As an established leader in an industry that demands accuracy and innovation, Barchart's goal is to form partnerships that deliver comprehensive solutions for success. For more information, please visit www.barchartinc.com.
Director of Web Development