Barchart Releases New OnDemand Market Data APIs
CHICAGO, IL – December 4, 2013 – Barchart.com, Inc., a leading provider of market data and information, today announced the release of a variety of new web services APIs made available through its Barchart OnDemand service. Barchart OnDemand is a cloud-based service developed for accessing and delivering market data and information using web services. Barchart OnDemand is built upon the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure and features the ability to easily access an extensive amount of market data and information.
“We are excited to release several new Barchart OnDemand APIs and have more in the works,” said Barchart President Eero Pikat. “We are also working on adding new datasets, both data internal to Barchart and data from third-party providers who want to integrate their data in the Barchart market data cloud,” added Pikat.
The new Barchart OnDemand APIs include:
- getETFDetails: Provides ETF profile information including descriptions, fund family, underlying index, inception date, alpha, beta, shares outstanding, management fee, assets under management and top 10 holdings.
- getFundamentals: Provides access to public company financial statement data including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement data.
- getCompetitors: Provides a list of related stock symbols and associated comparative market data.
- getInsiders: Provides company insider transaction records for publically traded companies.
- getMomentum: Provides a daily summary on the number of advancing, declining and unchanged stocks per exchange, as well as other summary statistics.
- getEarningsEstimates: Provides per share earnings estimates on public companies for quarterly and annual periods.
- getRatings: Provides analyst ratings on stocks.
- getFuturesSpecifications: Provides contract information such as trading hours, contract size and tick size for futures contracts.
- getFuturesExpirations: Provides first notice and last trade dates for futures contracts.
- getFuturesOptionsExpirations: Provides last trade dates for options on futures contracts.
- getUSDAGrainPrices: Provides daily cash grain bids and prices for locations throughout the United States covering corn, wheat, oats and soybean markets.
The APIs support both GET and POST requests, as well as SOAP, and data can be delivered in multiple formats like XML, JSON and CSV. And, as a web services solution, Barchart OnDemand is compatible with any operating system, such as Windows, Linux, iOS or Android, and any programming language, such as Java, PHP or ASP.NET.
Barchart OnDemand provides cloud-based market data solutions to financial services, trading and investment firms; software and mobile app developers; digital media; commodity producers and processors; and, corporate investor relations and treasury departments. Barchart OnDemand can be used to supply financial data to front, middle and back-office software applications used for market analysis, trading, and accounting, as well as for integrating financial content into websites and mobile apps. Other applications include powering portfolio management tools, risk management systems and charting applications.
For more information, visit www.barchart.com/ondemand.
With a heritage dating back to 1934, Barchart.com, Inc. has substantial experience in meeting the information needs of the financial, media, agriculture and energy industries. As a full-service provider of equity, index, mutual fund, futures and foreign exchange market data, Barchart provides a wide range of market data products and solutions for customers ranging from institutional to retail. As an established leader in an industry that demands accuracy and innovation, Barchart’s goal is to form partnerships that deliver comprehensive solutions for success. For more information, please visit www.barchartinc.com.